Monday, July 11, 2011

Girls Day

Today, I had to go to Omaha to present my final portfolio for my Masters degree.  My presentation wasn't until 5:00, so I convinced Kelli and Allison to take the day off and make a day of it!

We started out with lunch at Goodnights, where Allison works.  She was able to hook us up with a delicious (and cheap) meal!


I liked the colorful straws that came in our sodas.  It's the small things, people.
 

After lunch, we went to Ted and Wally's for ice cream.  In Omaha, this place is an institution.


A surprisingly favorite flavor was Rice Krispie Treat ice cream.


Kelli took a picture of this parking sign.  We may never know why.


After some shopping and my presentation, we went to the Old Market for some Italian food.  The place where we intended to eat was randomly closed, so we ended up at Vivace.  There, we had the best pasta we have ever eaten.  Oh, my, it was so good.


I didn't intend for this post to be a full of restaurant reviews, but I took too few pictures for it to be anything else.  Even though I don't have pictures to prove it, this was such a fun girls day out, and I hope to do it all over again (sans the portfolio presentation) very soon!

No comments: