Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Pumpkin Contest

The school at which I work has a social committee, which plans fun projects and activities for the staff in our building.  They do a great job, really.

This month, they invited each team of teachers in our building to decorate a pumpkin that would be on display in the trophy cases.

Today, students had the opportunity to vote for their favorite.  The prize for winning is yet-to-be-determined.  Here are the pumpkins.

A witch made by Kristy on Team 6B

A tourist pumpkin made by our Academic Connections teachers... check out all the details they included to represent each of them... the sombrero from Spanish, the Eiffel Tower from French, the spoons from FCS, the tool belt from IT, the crayon from Art, etc.

Team 7B's Chuck Norris pumpkin.  A lame attempt at decorating, if you ask me.

A Skyhawk pumpkin made by our office staff

A Husker pumpkin... I'm not sure who made it.

A scary clown pumpkin made by the custodial staff

Mr. Potato Pumpkin?  I'm not sure who made this one, either.

I don't know what this is supposed to be, and I don't know who made it.

Homer Simpson pumpkin made by my team.  Striking resemblance, don't you think?  We were pretty proud of our work, especially considering we completed it the day it was due and with only two plan periods to get it done. 

Students voted for their favorite today during lunch, and Amber and I supervised after school as some students helped to tally the votes.

Do you want to know who won?

Drum roll, please....












In some ways, I'm shocked that a pumpkin with a stapled-on black and white picture of Chuck Norris managed to win.  In other ways, I'm not surprised at all.

1 comment:

missy said...

bill saw this on facebook and we laughed so hard about it. so many incredible pumpkins and the lame chuck norris manages to pull off the win.