Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wedding Weekends

I have had no free weekends in a while.

Why, you ask?

Because of the wedding of my dear friends Ashley and Jeremy and all the events that came along with it.

First, there was a bachelorette party last Friday.  I would post pictures, but I don't have any.  I put my camera batteries in the charger on Friday morning and forgot to take them out of the charger before I left for Omaha on Friday evening.

I will tell you that we enjoyed good company and good fun.  Also, I stayed out way past my bedtime, which was not the best decision I've ever made considering I had class all day on Saturday.

After class on Saturday, I headed back up to Omaha for Ashley and Jeremy's couples' shower.  Mike and Casey Huff hosted the barbecue at their new house.  While Casey and Vanessa spent most of their day cooking, they decided to special order the dessert.


Eileen really knows how to make a good cookie!

After dinner, it was time to open presents!

At first, Jeremy didn't really seem into it.  He was more concerned with checking college football scores than opening gifts:




He eventually got more into it...






In fact, he got so into it that he spilled a drink on Ashley:


He even found time to be a little bit silly:


So, although it was a great Saturday, it was another late night followed by another class on Sunday.

Fast-forward to this weekend.

On Friday, we had the rehearsal with a dinner to follow. 


After the rehearsal dinner, we went to Brewsky's so that we could continue hanging out.  While most people just hung out at a table and watched some football, Ben and Tara played a shooting game in the game room.

This picture is only funny to me because these are two of the most non-threatening, wouldn't-harm-a-fly-kind-of-people that I know.


The Big Day

On Saturday morning, our day started with 9:00 hair appointments:




Then, it was time to get ready:









It took a lot of people to help get Ashley ready.  We bridesmaids didn't want to get too much in the way, so we stood by in case we were needed:


Throughout this wedding-planning process, I have fallen in love with Ashley's nieces and nephew, who were there to provide some comic relief throughout the day.  Meet Maguire, the ring bearer.
He is stinkin' cute, but definitely a handful!

Once Ashley was ready to go, we left the church to go to a nearby park to get our pictures taken.



Although we were behind schedule, once pictures were finished, we headed back to the church to relax a bit as the guests arrived.





The ceremony went really smoothly.  Not only was it beautifully planned and executed, but nearly all of Ashley and Jeremy's closest friends and family memebers were there to celebrate in their special day.
My beautiful bouquet!

Afterward, we went to grab a quick drink before heading to the reception.
Mr. and Mrs. Sevick!

The reception was a blast!

I wish I would've taken more pictures, but I was too busy eating and dancing.

At the end of the night, we watched as Mr. and Mrs. Sevick drove away...

Ashley and Jeremy, I love you both very much, and I was honored to be a part of your special day!  Here's wishing two of my very best friends a lifetime full of love and happiness!

No comments: