Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School: By the Numbers

0:  The amount of extra time we had in our classes to do "get-to-know-you" kinds of things.

5:32:  The time my alarm went off for the first time this morning.

6:  The level of pain, on a scale of 1-10, that I am currently experiencing in my feet and lower back.  Summers make teachers out of shape.

8:  The number of minutes late I was to my first period class due to helping students with locker combination issues.

10:20:  The time my class was assigned to eat lunch on these shortened days.  At that time, many restaurants are still serving breakfast.

12:  The number of last year's 6th graders who sought me out to say hello.

13:  The approximate number of times I wondered about how last year's 6th graders are fairing in 7th grade.

14:  The number of students I helped find their classrooms when I saw them wandering around aimlessly.


20:  The number of students in my first Language Arts class.

25:  The number of students in my second Language Arts class.


32:  The number of minutes I stayed in bed after my alarm went off.

75:  The number of minutes after school I stayed past our contract time.  That's with no planning and no grading to do.

1,416,397ish: The number of padlocks I had to help open.  Or so it seemed.


All things considered, it was a pretty great day!

No comments: