Saturday, November 13, 2010

Horned Frogs?

Saturday was largely devoted to the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs.

We allowed ourselves to sleep in a little bit since we almost never get to sleep in on Saturdays.  We grabbed hotel breakfast, and then Uncle Jim picked us up to head toward campus.

TCU is an absolutely beautiful campus.  In fact, if I had expanded my college search to Texas seven years ago, I'm fairly certain that it would have been a top contender.





I would have had a hard time buying in to the fact that this ugly thing was the mascot of my alma mater:


Fun Fact:  Did you know that the horned frog is actually a lizard?

Anyway, after a free lunch of hot dogs, popcorn, and soda (no, I did not eat a hot dog), we headed for the stadium, which was also very beautiful.


It was certainly no Memorial Stadium, but it did have many similar features:

A tunnel walk:

A big screen (although, not nearly as big as ours):

People running around with flags:


We happened to attend the game where they allow kids to run onto the field with the players:


Soon enough, it was game time:


And we got to see Coach Plager in action:


After being down 14-0, we finally scored a touchdown.

This little machine sounded like a train whistle and went off whenever TCU scored:

When TCU scores, it is customary to hold up this symbol:

Although the game was very close for a while (a little too close for comfort, it you ask me), TCU came out on top:

After the win, they allowed the student section to storm the field:

They even had a fireworks display, but we didn't stay to watch.

We were very hungry for dinner, and my dear friends were kind enough to allow me the pleasure of eating here:

What I wouldn't give to have easy access to this whenever I wanted it:

After dinner, we went back to our hotel to get ready for the concert...

No comments: