Thursday, July 29, 2010

Picnic and Pool Time


On Thursday evening, we took the kids to the Willow Bowl for a picnic before we went swimming.  It was a fun time when all of the kids could eat, talk, run around, and play catch.

Since today was also my birthday, my kids kept saying that the picnic and swimming was all a part of my birthday party.  If they really knew me, they would know that I would never choose to throw myself a pool party.  I actually hate swimming.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the picnic...
You might be wondering about the above picture, and with good reason.  This is David, who became very special to me this week.  He quickly emerged as one of the dominant leaders in our co-op.  He is smart, funny, athletic... one of those kids who is multi-talented.

Before the picnic, he decided to blow up a balloon, stuff it in his shirt, and pretend to be pregnant.  He took such good care of that balloon baby, and all of us were privileged enough to get to witness its birth while at the picnic.  I'll spare you the details, but I assure you, it was quite an experience.

By the way, the baby was a boy named Tate, named after my co-op partner (David's other co-op leader).

After the picnic, we went swimming at the campus rec center pool.
Swimming


Swimming
in the swimming pool
when days are hot
when days are cold
in the swimming pool
breast stroke
side stroke
fancy diving, too
oh, wouldn't it be nice
if we had nothing else to do...
Logan loved carrying Tate around in the pool
Lane took a few too many dives and ended up with quite the headache

And the night wouldn't be complete without some group jumping shots...
The Mangos
The Pineapples
The Kiwis
The Watermelons
Although the kids would have liked to have stayed longer, two hours was plenty.  All in all, a great ending to a great day!

No comments: