Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Day Without Laughter is a Day Wasted.

Today was a good day filled with random things that made me laugh and/or smile.

I started my grad class for the semester, and it seems like it is going to be a good one.  My teacher started out by showing us this video, which carried a message that I needed to hear:




The assignments for this class actually seem like they might be fun.  I'll post some of them when I finish.

~~~

I took a meal off from my diet and splurged for a Sbarro lunch:


It was totally worth the 750 calories.

Probably.

~~~

One of my friends posted a picture of her fortune cookie fortune, and it made me literally laugh out loud:


Usually, poor grammar saddens my heart, but this is just plain funny.

~~~

Our class got out at 2:00, which allowed me some time to work out take a nap.  In one of my nap dreams, the Chicago Bears beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the Super Bowl.  I must be really excited for tomorrow's Bears game.  Truth be told, though, I'm a little nervous about having to play the Packers.  They are on a bit of a hot streak at the moment.


~~~

I invited Ashley and Jeremy to go to a late movie.  Except this is what is happening in our region right now:


When they came over to pick me up, we eventually decided that we didn't particularly want to attempt downtown parking and then walk several blocks through snow in the middle of a pseudo-blizzard.  So we settled for watching a movie at my place.

Except I didn't have popcorn.

So, we set out to Hy-Vee to get some.

On the way, we slid through an intersection and narrowly escaped hitting a light pole.  It was mildly scary for a few seconds.

On our way into Hy-Vee, Ashley tripped over the curb, and, well...


she face-planted into the snow.

When we got inside, she realized she didn't have her phone, so we sent Jeremy back out to try to find it in the snow.  He did, and all was well.

**Note:  the above picture is not of Ashley.  Unfortunately, my camera was at home being charged.  Luckily, Google images had a suitable stand-in.**

I still feel a little bit lot guilty that my instant reaction when it happened was to say, "Don't move," as I reached for my camera.  I now know that I definitely should have first asked if she was OK or tried to help her up.

My bad, Ashley.

All that for a stupid bag of delicious, buttery popcorn.

When we got home, we didn't even watch a movie.  We watched an episode of House and some Food Network shows.

Meanwhile, Jeremy figured out how to start a fire in my fireplace!


I have lived here for two-and-a-half years, and have never taken the time to figure out how to do that.

We sat back for all of about two minutes to enjoy the fire:


Until I decided that I didn't want to pay for the pilot light to stay lit.

I am not confident that I could single-handedly get that thing going again, but I am glad to know that I know someone who can help me should I decide that I want to enjoy a fire.

Thanks anyway, Jeremy!  I appreciate all that you do for me.

~~~

And that, my friends, was my random but happy Saturday!

No comments: