Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why I Hate Wal-Mart Reason #76

I just needed some paper towels, bananas, and some Slim-Fast snack bars.

That's all.

But I had to wait in line 10 minutes because somebody couldn't read this sign:

When I got in line, I couldn't see all that was in the basket.  But you can bet that I counted exactly how many items that lady took out of the basket and put on to the counter.

I always do.

I am a strong advocate for not cheating in the game of life.

But this lady was a big Cheaty McCheaterson.


Baskets are deceiving, my friends.  They make it appear as though you are just making a quick trip to pick up a few things.

As it turns out, though, baskets can hold upwards of 37 ITEMS.

Very uncool, lady.  Very uncool.

After Wal-Mart, I headed over to Hy-Vee, where I purchased some Slim-Fast snack bars and some Clementines (on sale this week!).

At Hy-Vee, people follow the rules.  I only had to wait in line a few seconds.  Also, the signs at Hy-Vee are grammatically correct:


Click here if you aren't sure of the difference between less and fewer.

I applaud you, Hy-Vee, for enforcing the rules of express check-out and for being grammatically correct.  If your prices were just a teeny bit lower, I would ditch Wal-Mart for good.  Until then, I guess I'll just have to suck it up when waiting behind the 37-items-in-a-20-items-or-fewer-line lady.

No comments: