Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Have I Done?

This is my 100th blog post.  Over the past few weeks, as I watched that number grow closer and close to 100, I've been thinking about something important that I could write about for number 100.

Because we all know this blog isn't really important.  It's just a way for me to document the happenings of my boring, uneventful life.

But, don't pitty me!  Because life around here got a lot more exciting today.

It started after church today when I asked Ashley if she wanted to go to the Humane Society with me.  I check their website every day, and I have gone for several visits.  Every time, I get my heart broken.  Either the one that I want has already been adopted or there are none that I fall in love with when I get there.

This was true again today.  We went, and they had barely anything.  They had some pitbulls, but I am not a fan of the bully breeds.

I left a little disappointed, but Ashley suggested that we go to Pet Doctor.  I honestly had no intention of buying a dog from a pet store, because I've had my heart set on adoption.

But I fell in love.  With this little lady:


Her name is Harper, after both the name of the dorm I lived in during my freshman year or college and one of my favorite authors (Harper Lee).  I think the name suits her.

She's a cockapoo, which is a cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle.  Selling points were that she has a good temperament and that she doesn't shed.



She's pretty adorable, and she's speedy quick, which makes it hard to get a good picture.


She still seems a little unsure about all of this, but I am certain that I am more unsure than she is.


We've already had a great day together.  She and I went to PetSmart to get some essentials, and she met lots of friendly dogs, owners, and PetSmart staff members.  She gets along really well with other people and dogs.

I've had dogs all my life, but I feel like I know nothing about how to raise this puppy.  I kind of want my mom to come live with me for a few weeks to teach me how to parent, just like moms sometimes do when they become grandparents.

But that won't happen.  So, I'll be relying on encouragement from friends, the friendly staff people at PetSmart, and God's abundant grace.

This is going to be a fun new adventure (I hope).  Please pray for me us!

No comments: