Monday, January 17, 2011

Weigh-In: Week 1


Well, it's been exactly one week since our team took the initiative to get healthy, which led me to start my Slim-Fast diet.

And I am proud to report that even after indulging at Saturday night's pizza party, and even after last night when I allowed myself a cookie...



I have lost three pounds!



Sure, it seems like a small loss, but I feel like it is a healthy number to have lost during a week.  I worked out for an average of 45 minutes each day - sometimes more, sometimes less - and I have been making a much more conscious effort to pay attention to food labels, ensuring that the one 500-calorie meal I am allowed per day is made up of smart calories.

Plus, I feel great, which means more to me than any decrease in numbers on the scale.

Here's hoping for a successful week 2!

No comments: