Monday, January 24, 2011

Weigh-In: Week 2



It's now been two weeks since I began Slim-Fasting, and I'm still sticking with it!

Except for Friday night when I had dinner at Old Chicago with my co-workers.  And Saturday, when I ate a Sbarro lunch at the mall.  And Saturday evening when I ate some popcorn and ice cream with some friends.  And Sunday when I ate pizza and breadsticks while watching the Bears/Packers game.

Regardless of all these Slim-Fasting failures, I still managed to lose some weight, bringing my grand total to...


5.5 pounds lost! 


Like last week, that number seems terribly small, but it is certainly better than nothing.  Also, when I began this whole process, I did so with the expectation of losing 1-2 pounds per week, so I am doing better than I had anticipated doing by this point.

I probably could have done better had I not "cheated" by eating all those non-Slim-Fast meals, but I just don't think it's realistic for me to stop altogether eating the things I love.  Furthermore, at my age, eating out is the number one socialization activity, and I certainly don't want to miss out on opportunities to be with friends.  Also, eating out once or twice a week gives me something to look forward to, and I think it's a good reward for being really good for the other meals during the week.

Here's what makes me nervous:  I've been told that people tend to lose more weight during the first two weeks than they lose during any of the subsequent weeks.  In order to prevent disappointment, I'm setting my goal low.  By this time next week, I hope to lose one pound.  If it's more than that, great, but if not, I can still feel good about the accomplishment!

We'll see what Week 3 brings...

No comments: